Saturday, March 14, 2020

Dot's

No, not these Dot's, although, let's be honest, these are kind of great. I mean, do they get stuck in your teeth like almost nothing else? They do. Are they still worth it? Kind of.

Image result for dots candy image

But these are not the Dots I'm talking about. No, the Dots I'm talking about here are pretzels. These lovelies:


I'm not really a pretzels person, typically. Like, on a flight, when they try to give me pretzels, I'm like, no, I'm good. But a few years ago, I was at a bourbon/whisky tasting fundraiser that had hors d'oeuvres, except the food was meh at best. But there was this giant bowl of pretzels, which seemed somewhat safe, so I grabbed some of those. Like, I don't know, 5-10 of them. I popped one in my mouth, turned around on the spot, and loaded up my plate. They were seasoned and delicious. I was hooked.

This past year, I was driving home from Wisconsin and stopped at a gas station. I saw a small bag of these and thought they reminded me, somehow, of those unnamed, mystery pretzels from the bourbon tasting. So I bought a bag, popped two in my mouth, and said aloud, through a mouthful of pretzel, "oh hells yes."

So. fucking. good. They're salty, buttery, and have a little garlic and onion flavor. Not so much that it's overpowering, but enough that it just (and I know this seems like I'm overselling it here, but I'm not) elevates these beyond your typical pretzel. Am I getting a little misty-eyed about a pretzel? I am.

And it's not over yet. Because they just introduced THIS:

Image result for southwest dots pretzels images

YESSSS! These are like Taco Doritos, but they're pretzels. With taco seasoning. They're AWFUL for your breath, but totally delicious.

If it's not obvious, I love these. Skip the Cheetos popcorn (soooo disappointing) and get these instead. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

0/10. Do not recommend.

  These. Are.  Terrible.  They smell and taste a fair bit like vomit. Without question, the worst chicken tenders I've ever tried. Inedi...