Sunday, July 19, 2020

Starbucks Golden Turmeric coffee

So, one of my summer joys is making my own iced coffee. I add brown sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, and a bit of cayenne to fresh ground beans and cold steep them for 24 hours. It's absolutely delicious, and is my attempt to sort of mimic a Thai iced coffee.

Surfing coffee on my local Dillon's (Kroger) grocery site, I ran across THIS:



Now, my favorite iced mochas are from Black Cat in Ashland (their Thai iced coffee is fabulous and there's nothing like their spicy mocha when it's cold), and my favorite beans are this Malawi Mzuzu from Paramour (here in Manhattan), but it's nearly $30 a pound. It's a global pandemic and we're taking about a $25k-$30k hit to our household income this year. $30 coffee, for now, has to go.

Trust me, I'd rather support the local place than Starbucks, but here we are.

I was so pleasantly surprised by this coffee. I almost didn't buy it because I thought, well, I'll just put turmeric in my own coffee, but this has what at least looks like relatively coarse ground spices in it, including turmeric, but also ginger and black pepper. It's legitimately delicious. I got myself some sweetened condensed milk and was a happy happy stay-at-home camper this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

0/10. Do not recommend.

  These. Are.  Terrible.  They smell and taste a fair bit like vomit. Without question, the worst chicken tenders I've ever tried. Inedi...