Thursday, January 9, 2020

Skittles Dips

One word: No.

These caught my eye in the Chicago airport. After a delightful chipotle chicken torta from Frontera (no black beans, please), I decided to grab a Coke from Hudson News. (In case you're wondering, Cherry Coke is as good as ever. Also, in case you were wondering, the Classic Lime Agua Fresca at Frontera is just Limeaid -- and it's perfection.) I'd never even heard of these, but new food products are my jam -- except jam, which I mostly don't love.

These. are. disgusting. I hadn't noticed at first that they're coated in "creamy [ewww] yogurt flavored coating." I don't know why I thought they were coated in yogurt, but the fact that it's yogurt flavoring is somehow worse. You can't really see the colors of each Skittle underneath the white coating, which means you can't avoid those grody orange ones. I thought maybe the orange ones might taste like Dreamsicles, though. They do not. These are SO chemical-tasting, and remind me a bit of circus peanuts . . . but worse somehow.

Reader, I threw them away. Me. I threw away candy that I paid for. I didn't even eat them on the plane. They're that bad. I'd MUCH rather eat yogurt covered craisins, although now I'm wondering if they're actually covered in anything that has any relation to actual yogurt .

In short, I do not recommend these. At all. Ever.

Image result for dipped skittles

No comments:

Post a Comment

0/10. Do not recommend.

  These. Are.  Terrible.  They smell and taste a fair bit like vomit. Without question, the worst chicken tenders I've ever tried. Inedi...