Thursday, July 16, 2020

Haagen-Dazs Crispy Trio Layers Ruby Cacao Crackle vs. Ben & Jerry's Caramel Cheesecake Chocolate Truffl

Apparently Ruby Cacao is the exciting new kid on the chocolate block. The actual ice cream in this is pistachio and sweet cream. I love good pistachio ice cream. This is not particularly good pistachio ice cream, though. I mean, it's not bad, it's just not very pistachio-y. The ruby cacao is interesting. I'm glad I've tried it and I wouldn't say no to it in something else, but I'm not totally sold on it. I think the ruby cacao makes it smell a little funky -- a little moldy, sort of?

That's all to say that this is fine. I mean, it's ice cream, so it's not bad, but I won't buy it again.

Ruby Cacao TRIO Ice Cream | TRIO | Häagen-Dazs®



But this? THIS is spectacular.

REVIEW: Ben & Jerry's Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles - Junk ...



I mean, this was surprisingly good. It's maybe in my top 5 ice creams. It's definitely in my top 10. Just, seriously? I mean, caramel cheesecake ice cream? YESSSSSSSS. Graham cracker covered cheesecake pieces in it? Oh hells yes. And a chocolate cookie swirl? Good lord yes. I was skeptical -- I've had bad cheesecake ice cream before, but this tastes like actual cheesecake. Good cheesecake. Have I mentioned how good this is?

Honestly, I'm a salty over sweet girl. I mean, I'd rather not have to choose (hot french fries dipped into a Wendy's Frosty, anyone?), but if I had to, I go french fries and potato chips all day long. I can walk by ice cream without stopping, and pretty often, I just have a spoonful at a time. Like, a single spoonful, not a spoonful at a time until the whole bowl is gone. But this is one of those ice creams that I could sit down and eat the entire pint in one sitting.

So, in the head to head, it's no contest. Skip the Haagen-Dazs and go straight for the Ben & Jerry's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

0/10. Do not recommend.

  These. Are.  Terrible.  They smell and taste a fair bit like vomit. Without question, the worst chicken tenders I've ever tried. Inedi...